PIGMENT PASSION -- MAC BLONDE'S GOLD



PIGMENT PASSION is a series that will feature MAC Pigments, their texture,
theways I use them and all the fun stuff. One pigment will be posted every
Fridayand I will try to share whatever pigment colors I own.



MAC Blonde's Gold Pigment

This is another Pro Pigment, which was released during the Overrich Collection in 2008 along side the Cult of Cherry Collection, which had the infamous 'Spiced Chocolate Quad'. (This info was totally unnecessary, but anyways...). I was totally not into pigments when this was released, but later when I tried many others from permanent line, I realised how different this was in its texture. I had picked mine from CCO.


MAC Blonde's Gold Pigment

Blonde's Gold is described as Light Tan with Gold and White Pearl. It pretty close to its description. It is this beautiful light gold with Brown/Tan hues to it. Its not pink and has a warm hint of peach...A very fantastic combination. The pigment is finely milled and the texture is very smooth and soft. Its easy to work with, as due to its texture, there is less fallout, or practically no fall out. The gold and white pearly effect gives a lovely sheen to the eyelid.


MAC Blonde's Gold Pigment (Different lighting)


Swatch of Blonde's Gold Pigment

Ways I use MAC Blonde's Gold Pigment

1. All by itself, with a little MAC Texture eyeshadow in crease. Black liner and loads of Mascara.

2. Cash Flow Paint Pot or any Antique Gold base, with Blonde's gold on lid, Chocolate Brown Pigment on crease and some dark brown like Embark to darken crease.

3. Blonde's Gold as lid color and NARS Fez as crease color.

4. Blonde's gold in the inner corner of the eyes (occasionally) to brighten the whole look.

5. As Brow highlighter, as its not stark white or glittery and has a lovely sheen.
5. Blonde's Gold Pigment as lid color along with any warm colored eyeliner like Laura Mercier Antique Gold, Urban Decay Stash and colors similar to them.

This can be easily used for those Pin-up kind of looks with bold lips. It is just so classy!! My swatches just don't do justice!
I usually avoid using more than two pigments in one eye look, simply because I end up messing, but I did find some amazing tutorials on Youtube using this pigment along with others in combination.

If you get a chance to try them at MAC Pro store or if you can get hold of a small sample, do give it a try. I am pretty sure you would like it. If you are a neutral kind of girl...You are going to LOVE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment