Revlon, Rimmel Lipgloss (Review/Swatch)

I picked 2 lipglosses from Ulta recently from their clearance section which is usually located at the end of the aisle.
Now, I remember using drugstore brand earlier all the time, until I started watching You Tube and the gurus who looked ravishing in all their videos sweared by MAC and other brands. I got crazy and started collecting MAC, Smashbox etc and just forgot all about these cool Revlon, Rimmel, Maybelline and L'Oreal.
Anyways that total rambling....


Comparison swatches of Rimmel Lipgloss, Revlon Lipgloss with some MAC l/g

The Rimmel Snog lipgloss though looks similar to MAC Lovechild, it actually is not. Rimmel one is pretty sheer and not very thick like MAC lipgloss. It gives a high shine on lips. This shine is just like liquid glass!! Its amazing, and the shine is not sparkly or frosty...its just shine..if that makes sense...This one is long lasting, which is great and oh, did I mention it is moisturizing too.
Also Rimmel l/g has this fruity smell. Usually drugstore lip products have fragrance which is fruity. Its not annoying, but I guess I have many MAC lipglosses and I am kinda used to the vanilla smell. Not that I hate this one, but it just takes a few days to get used to. Also, I am not a brand snob.....lol!!
I have heard Rimmel is discontinuing these Vinyl glosses, so many of the stores have it on clearance. I would not mind trying a few more colors if I get a chance...


Swatches in different lighting

Revlon Color Stay Lipgloss are nice too. They are more pigmented than the Rimmel ones. I thought it was similar to my MAC Rich and Ripe Lipglass, but its not. Its close, but not same. This too is not thick. I guess MAC lipglasses are the thickest in consistency. Revlon one is not as shiny as Rimmel one, but it is moisturizing too and has a great pigmentation. The doe-foot applicator is skinny and so I didn't get an even application. I had to dip the want in tube for 2 3 time. The scent is pretty strong fruity. The color I have is Ablaze. Its this Fire Red color.

I personally don't wear Red Lips, though everytime I see anyone sporting a red lip, I want to try too. I think drugstore products gives this great option of 'Trying' out a color, without creating a huge Hole in pocket, not to mention the amazing quality they have at the price.

p.s: My laptop, that has all the pictures I clik for my blog is ruined. It broke on wednesday. I am not able to post any blogpost, which is annoying. Luckily I did find a few pictures on my photobucket account. This post is pretty incomplete without Lip swatches. Not that I have lip swatches for every lip product, but these days I try.

Disclaimer: The products mentioned here are all purchased by me.

No comments:

Post a Comment