MAC - PRET A PAPIER (Swatches/Thoughts)

I saw the MAC Pret -A- Papier collection today. Its a very wearable collection and I would prefer to call it Coral collection, because majority of the stuff was coral, summery kinds....and I am a Mauve person...


Kraft, Dressmaker, Dressmaker and Archetype Lipstick,
Fold and Tuck, Pret-A-Papier Lipglasses and Coral Crepe Paint Pot

Coral Crepe Paint Pot and Chromagraphic Pencils were kind of Unique. The paint pot is not similar to any of the shadesticks or paint pots I believe, but I think Make up Forever and some other brands have Coral bases. Its a nice color, but I didn't see myself using it often. So I didn't pick

Lipsticks were nice too. Archetype was ugly...at least I found it ugly...Dressmaker, Dressmaker (yes, its twice...I dunno why??) reminded me of Ravishing lipstick and I look worse with Ravishing on, so obviously I said no-no. Made to Order was pretty and I thought of picking that up with my B2M empties, but I was not sure how it would look and B2M stuff cannot be returned... Kraft lipstick was like milk chocolate.. It was pretty.

Lipglosses were very pigmented and Opaque. I do need a coral Lipgloss, but a coral that would look nice on me...(sheer confusion, I know). C-thru is a permanent lipgloss, nothing spectacular...just C-thru...


Made to Order Lipstick, Eyeshadows in Tissue Weight, Cut to Fit, Gazzete Grey,
and Memorabilia, Chromagraphic Pencil in 2 shades

Eyeshadows were pretty, nothing must haves IMO. Cut to Fit was very similar to Antiqued eyeshadow, Bamboo is Permanent. Gazzete Grey looked pretty with silverish sparkle, but I guess MAC has nice greys in their permanent line.


Swatches of Products from Pret a Papier Collection

Chromagraphic Pencils were nice. I liked the one with yellow undertones in it. For some reason I thought they might be same as Topaz from Stila. I wanted that one, but my intution said they will hit CCO....I didn't hurry in buying anything. Would love to try these pencils though.
Blushes were very wearable. Instant Chic reminded me of Pinkier Melba and Garb just a lighter, warm summery color, on the lines of Gingerly. At least to my eyes they seemed dupable and not so unique. Maybe as more swatches hit the net, I might want them more.
Nail Polishes were ok. I hardly buy MAC Nail polishes, infact I have picked only 'On the Prowl' till date. I think China Glaze, Essie, OPI are masters when it comes to nail colors...
Overall a lovely collection and for someone who loves coral, its all smiles.....
P.S: I ended up buying Bobbi Brown Corrector instead.....watch out for a review...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment