MAC - Highlighters and Lid Colors (Swatches)

MAC makes some amazing affordable High End eyeshadows. They have a wide range of colors in their permanent line and they keep releasing endless new collections which are available for Limited time at the counters and are called 'LIMITED EDITION or LE'.

Recently they came out with a comparitively small collection that had one re-promote eyeshadow by the name 'HEY'. I remember, I hunted down and bought this quad which had the color 'Hey' in it and was released during the Fafi Collection. It was for that one color only...

Below are some MAC eyeshadows that work great as a highlighter and some double up wonderfully as lid colors too.

As I am a Yellow/warm/Olive toned person, I don't have many highlighters that have pink base in them or have cooler undertones.


Solar White, Dreammaker, Ricepaper, Phloof, Femme-Fi, Brule

I personally like all of the colors mentioned in above pictures, but Phloof is my least favorite. It is very frosty for my personal liking.

Solar White is an amazing Highlighter as it has this magical 'gold' shimmers to it. Its pretty unique, though I believe I have something similar to it in my MAC pigment stash.


Swatches of MAC Eyeshadows in Solar White, Dreammaker, Ricepaper, Phloof
Femme-Fi, Brule


Ricepaper is a creamy, yellowish color and has a texture just like butter. It makes a great lid color too and I like to pair it with Woodwinked a lot. Its not overly frosty too.

Femme-Fi is another color that was released as Limited Edition shadow and I believe it has been re-promoted aswell. I personally like to use it as lid color and it works absolutely fantastic with colors like Folie, bronze and pretty much every shimmer browns that I have, especially the ones that have more of reddish tone to it.

Dreammaker is one of my most favorite color for lid. It is a Starflash finish, but unlike other Starflash finish eyeshadows its way too powdery. I love this color so dearly, that I can live with its not so good texture. It works amazing with colors like Tempting and Go, browns that has more of brown tone to it...did this make any sense???

Brule is my go to highlighter. Its a non shimmery, pale color and works great as highlighter when there is load of shimmer going on the lids.


Brule, Vanilla, Naked Lunch, All that Glitters, Hey

Vanilla is in same family as Brule. It does not has the best texture and is NOT AT ALL similar to Vanilla pigment, which is a very multi-purpose pigment.

Naked Lunch and Hey are pretty much same. Infact I don't see any difference when applied on my eyes. I don't understand why people say its similar to All That Glitters, which is very different and makes a wonderful lid color.


Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Urban Decay Blunt

Urban Decay makes some amazing eyeshadows and I have a few of them. Blunt is an amazing lid color and I like its finish a lot. It is similar to Veluxe Pearl from MAC, a finish which many people adore. Urban Decay Shadows fit MAC palettes, but I find them difficult to depot. The plastic quality is bit strong...


Swatches of MAC Eyeshadow in Hey, Naked Lunch, All that Glitters and
Urban Decay Blunt


Creme de meil, Ricepaper, Dreammaker, RoseBlanc

Creme de meil and Rose Blanc both are LE eyeshadows that I just bought because I didn't wanted to believe that they are similar to other colors I have. Thats the beauty of MAC...they manage to sell similar colors every single time to suckers like us!!!


Creme de meil, Ricepaper, Dreammaker, RoseBlanc

The swatches above are not perfect, because Rose Blanc has a bit more yellowness to it. Its very close to Ricepaper.



MAC Holiday Palettes

Every single MAC palette or quad has one highlight and most of the times they are dupable.



MAC Tempting Quad, Shadowy Lady Quad


MAC Spiced Chocolate Quad, Fafi 1 Quad

I love quads a lot. You get 4 colors nested conviniently in a quad for less and I usually pick mine from CCOs, so thats pretty 'good deal'.

These are a few eyeshadows that I use as Highlighter. I would share some more lid colors and some crease colors in future posts. If anyone is interested I can share swatches of pigments that I have. If you find it useless or boring please let me know and I can abort the project...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment