PIGMENT PASSION -- MAC VINTAGE GOLD



PIGMENT PASSION is a series that will feature MAC Pigments, their texture, the
ways I use them and all the fun stuff. One pigment will be posted every
Friday and I will try to share whatever pigment colors I own.


MAC PIGMENT - VINTAGE GOLD

This was instant LOVE! I picked this one from my CCO, totally based on its external appearance and name. Vintage and Gold...both things just called my name...
It is a PRO Pigment, that was a part of the Overrich Collection. The color is described as 'Tarnished Green with Gold pearl'. The description is pretty true to the color. Its a lovely Dirty, Olive'y' green with Gold shimmers. The shimmers are finely milled and they mix so well with the green, almost giving it a fine metallic finish.


Vintage Gold Pigment Swatch

When light hits the color, the gold sheen that is imparted is so elegant! The color is in the same family as Henna, Sumptous Olive, Mink and Sable, but prettier. The finish is fine, metallic and rich Gold!

The pigmentation is obviously awesome and its very easy to blend with practically no fallouts.


Vintage Gold (different lighting)

Ways I use Vintage Gold Pigment:

1. As lid color, all by itself.

2. Blonde's Gold in the inner lid, Vintage Gold on the middle and outer lid, with Museum Bronze in Crease. This is the most common way I use.

3. Over a dark black base. I use a black liner, smudge it and then apply Vintage Gold.

4. Vintage Gold with Humid in Crease and Gorgeous gold in the inner corners.

Ways Vintage Gold can be used.

1. With a Vibrant Orange like Firespot and Purple like Hepcat.

2. With Copper and Teal colors.

I can visualize all fantastic looks with this color, but I am too timid to try these and have practically NO confidence in carrying a bold look. I am one of those people, who is not able to give full justice to this lovely color!

No comments:

Post a Comment