NARS -- PENNY LANE CREME BLUSH (Review)

This is my first time using any creme blush from NARS. I have tried and loved NARS Multiples, so I was pretty positive that I would like the creme blushes too.
The product no doubt is a nice one, but the color is a wrong choice for me.


NARS CREME BLUSH IN PENNY LANE

This blush is creme to powder kind of blush. Its light weight, non-sticky and blends beautifully. I use my fingers to apply this. It is soft and does not dries quickly. It gives enough time to blend and then turns into a satiny, powdery finish. The creme blushes from MAC are very thick and sticky, which I don't like. Also Stila Convertible was pretty sticky. I have the creme blush from Illamasqua, which I like. Its light weight and non-sticky.
There is one MAJOR difference that I noticed. The Illamasqua creme blushes give a dewy, wet kind of look and the NARS Creme blush gives a matte, satiny look.


SWATCH OF PENNY LANE

The color I have is Penny Lane and its one of the most neutral, blush color I have. Its a very pale peachy, mauvey, Pink Blush color (crap color description, I know). The color pay 0ff is Ok. Its a pale blush to begin with, but the color is buildable. On my NC40/42 Skin, it did show up, but after applying 2-3 layers. I would prefer using it as base under my blushes. Its pretty natural color, so I could use it almost under every color blush, without actually messing/altering the original color.


PENNY LANE (Blended)

The staying power is nice, like every NARS Blush. I liked the formula, but I don't think that this color is must have kinds. Its one of those shades, that you need when you want that "no make-up look", just to give some definition to the face and cheeks. Its like "my cheeks but better" kind of thing...lol!!

The packaging is usual, Black, rubbery NARS packaging, with a mirror. Its so natural in color and less pigmented, that you could just throw it in purse and apply without using a mirror. You really need not be very careful while applying this.

Sometimes, its great to have less pigmented products. They do come handy!! At $26, its very pricey and honestly NYC Creme Blush Stick can do a similar job (using as blush base), if you get the right, muted, neutral color.

This would be a good color for lighter skintones, but for skintone like mine, I could use it only as blush base. For $26, I would want something that I can use on its own or in multiple ways.

p.s: For getting an idea about my skin type, skin tone etc, please refer the 'About' section on the navigation bar at the top of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment