NARS -- ORGASM ILLUMINATOR (REVIEW)


NARS ORGASM ILLUMINATOR

NOPE!! This didn't work as expected!!! I so wanted to love this product and I did try my level best to make it work on me, but unsuccessful!!

A complexion enhancer that makes skin look instantly refreshed, radiant, and
glowing. NARS Orgasm Illuminator lights your skin from within! Deceptively
sheer and decidedly luminous, it magically transforms lackluster skin into a
remember-me, luscious complexion. Flirt with foundation, go it alone, or go
neck-and-neck with your décolleté. The effect is, well, orgasmic.

The description sounds Beautiful and the effect would had been Orgasmic, if it had stayed!!


The Color : NARS Orgasm Illuminator

To begin with, the color is Fantastic!! Its a lovely Peachy, Corally kind of color with sublte Gold Shimmers. Even though it looks so deep and dark in tube, when blended, its very sheer.
The shimmers in it is very, very fine and I love it.


Orgasm Illuminator when patted with fingers

The texture is liquidy, lotion kinds. Very light weight and not sticky at all. It smells wonderful, like Orange (maybe??. Don't pay attention to the description of fragrance part for this product).

I applied this as Highlighter on cheek bones and nose bridge. I used my fingers to blend in the product, and it was easily absorbed too, but in the process all the shimmers were lost.
So I tried using my finger with patting motion. There is hardly any color, so I had to build on the sheen. The patting motion helped and after applying a few layers, the glow was visible. I had to turn my face to numerous angles and adjust my cheek to the light to notice that sheen.
Also tried applying this with a disposable sponge wedge, which definately helped in packing the product, but tons of it was wasted.

After all this, within next 20 minutes, all the sheen, shine, glow everything was gone. It literally disappeared!! All I was left was a cheek, with something that only I know I had applied.
That was a disappointment.

The product didn't last on me at all! I also used it mixing with my foundation, but the results were not dewy...they were sticky, like you have your face on those humid, hot days... Not sweaty, but sticky...

Its a product, which has a great shimmer, great color, great texture and great scent...but no staying power. I can use at as base under blush or highlighter, but at $29, I would love to use it all on its own.

For a product, with barely 20 minutes of staying power, its pretty pricey.

Disclaimer: These are my personal thoughts on the product, purchased by me. Things that didn't work for me, might work for you and vice-versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment