PIGMENT PASSION -- MAC MEGA RICH



PIGMENT PASSION is a series that will feature MAC Pigments, their texture,
the ways I use them and all the fun stuff. One pigment will be posted every
Friday and I will try to share whatever pigment colors I own.




Last Year I was going through a "Phase" of collecting MAC Limited Edition, Hard to find eyeshadows that I had missed from past collection. I was in desperate search of an eyeshadow named 'Firespot' which is supposed to be ' One of the best Orange shadow' released by MAC till date. I just wanted it so bad!!
Zerin from Xinarox suggested that I should try this pigment in Mega Rich, which is a LE Overrich pigment. She said Mega Rich is more wearable than any other orange.



She was right. This is a burnt Orange color, with more of brown tones than Orange. It is not 'very bright, Vibrant Orange like Orange (fruit). Its more like a Pumpkin...
Pumpkin color is not the most flattering color for eye, but this has good amount of bronzy, brown in it.



The Texture is smooth and finely milled, but it is not as good as my other Overrich Pigments. I get some fallouts. This does not sticks well to the eyelids. The application is patchy. I have to be Ultra careful.
Applying wet works, but it makes the color very intense and vibrant, which I don't like.



I would be lying, if I say I use it often. I used it a lot when it was purchased, then I just passed that phase of Orange...

The ways I used it:

1. On lid, with chocolate brown and cranberry kind of colors in crease.

2. On the outer half of the lid, with Blonde's Gold in the inner half lid.

This can be a good Summer as well as Fall color, if used by an expert hand. I would not say, its a must have pigment or the most unique color, but it definately is worth owning a little sample jar.
I got mine at CCO, so it didn't hurt to get a full size, even if I don't use it often.

btw, I did manage to get Firespot eyeshadow and never wore it!! It sits beautifully in my palette..

No comments:

Post a Comment