Kat Von D - Autograph Eyeliner - Romantico

My deliberate attempt to stay away from Black liner is making me dig my own stash for liners with any other colors that are not black.



Autograph Eyeliner is a liquid eyeliner from tattoo-artist Kat Von D.

Designed by reality television star Kat Von D especially for Sephora,
this eyeliner lets you paint a perfect 'Kat'-eye in a range of sparkling shades.
For a dreamy eye makeup look, dip the applicator wand into the see-through tube
and use the slim brush to precisely define your eyes—and make your makeup as
fanciful as your body art. The eyeliner tube is stenciled with silver roses and
a gothic lettering logo inspired by Kat's favorite tattoo.



This one is a liquid liner, which goes by the name ROMANTICO. It is a lovely Antique Gold color with a hint of Olive in it. This a Gorgeous color, which is discontinued for reasons that I don’t know.

I am not a fan of liquid liners, not because they are bad or anything. Its because I am lousy with them and getting a uniform application on both eye is one hell of a task.
This liner has a thin brush applicator, which does not picks a good amount of color for a decently thin application at one go. I mean the brush is good for detailing, but I have to dip the brush in the product multiple times. The handle though is a good one. It has a rubbery, matte finish and has a nice grip. I can hold the brush very well.



The pigmentation is good and the consistency is neither too watery nor too thick. It stays put, but is not a water proof liner, which makes it not so practical for summer application, especially if you have oily lids or eyes that water easily in sunlight. This will smudge and run in Ultra hot and humid climate.



I like to layer it over a black liner/base, that is slightly smudged. In short I like the color pay off over a black base. My coloring is NC40/42 and so my lids are pretty dark brown. A brown liner is not so flattering, as they blend in with the Tan and I find Antique Gold color, or Olive Colors works well for me.



This did not hurt or itch my eyes. There were no Allergic reactions whatsoever.

This is my personal experience with one color. I don’t know if all the have same consistency and finish. This color is discontinued, but the product is still available.

No comments:

Post a Comment