NARS LIPSTICK -- DOLCE VITA


NARS - DOLCE VITA LIPSTICK

When I bought my First NARS Lipstick in March, I though this was the most expensive lipstick I was buying. Who knew very soon TOM FORD lipsticks would become one of my dream luxuries...Oh well, I still feel $24 for a lipstick is 'PRICEY'.




A pure, creamy lipstick formula for bold color. Nars Lipsticks are enriched with
vitamin E to increase wearability and keep true color intact. Sheer finish
creates the most natural, stained-looking lips. Semi-matte produces velvety,
full-bodied lips. Finally, satin fashions creamy, moist-looking lips.


Swatch of NARS Lipstick in Dolce Vita -Single Swipe

So these come in three finishes and the one I have is Dolce Vita, which is a sheer finish. Needless to say, its not the most pigmented lipstick. The sheer formula is comparable to MAC Lustre formulas.



The Texture and Pigmentation (of Dolce Vita):

It is soft, creamy, with a glossy finish to it. The pigmentation is obviously sheer, more like a stain or Pigmented LipBalm.



The Color (of Dolce Vita):

It is a lovely, dusty rose color, which has less of mauve and more of coral?? (thats one hell of a description). There is no sparkle or chunky glitter. It gives a glossy shine and finish on the the lips.


MAC Cosmo and NARS Dolce Vita

The color is close to MAC Cosmo in tube, but the finish of Cosmo is a satin, which makes it more pigmented.



The application is smooth. It glides easily and is moisturizing. No drying of lips at all. It lasts for just 2 hours and then I have to re-apply.

It even reminded me of Kat Von D lipstick in Lolita, but again the formula is different and Lolita has more milky pink touch to it.

All these comparisons and Descriptions of colors are horrible. I have attached the best pictures I could click.

Overall, I like NARS as a Brand for their Blushes and Multiples. I have not tried many lipsticks, but the one that I have tried, I think its pretty pricey and similar effect can be achieved from less expensive brands.

(You can see some of NARS in-store Lipstick swatches here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment