Smashbox Double Duty Beauty


Smashbox Double Duty Beauty kit

I am a bargain hunter and a kit fan...I buy MAC from CCOs and I am ALWAYS interesting in trying products that come in kits and deals...


The Goodies

Ulta came out with this Smashbox Double Duty Beauty kit for $ 12.99 only as a part of their Doorbuster sale. It included a cream cheek/lip product, a dual Lip liner and Lip color and a Clear Lipgloss.


Lip color in Apricot

I am not a fan of lip products that need sharpening...loads of wastage...thats one reason, inspite of liking the colors of NARS velvet lip pencils, I don't 'spend' on them...
But this was a great chance to try a similar product for less.
The lip color is very very creamy and decently opaque. Its moisturising too, with practically no scent. It has not shimmers, which is great. So the end finish is a creamy, opaque lip.
It did last for 3 hours, but then I had to re-apply.

Lip Liner
This is an odd color. I mean if its meant to use lip liner and lip color in combination, I don't know how to use it. The Lip color is a peachy apricot color like the Ravishing cremesheen by MAC and this liner is more mauvey nude. The Lip liner has a very nice texture. Its not drying at all. It lasts for a long time. The duo retails for $22 per piece.

Swatches of Lipliner and Lip color in Apricot


Lip color in Apricot

This reminded me of Ravishing Lipstick by MAC.


Lip liner

Smashbox dual lip/cheek color in SPEEDRACER
This is a creme blush. It looks scary dark and brown in pan. I used it only once and I didn't go out or anything. So I will need to use it for some more time before reviewing it. As far as the texture goes, its light weight, creamy and dewy. Its not at all sticky. Not at all Shimmery which is good. It did blend beautifully and just melted in my skin. I liked the texture a lot...Color???
I am not sure...Its more of a summer color I think......

The gloss that came with this is just another clear lipgloss, with high shine. Nothing unique about it.

Blush swatch
P.S: This is my first attempt with Lip swatches. Please bear with all the crapiness...I can't change the shape or pigmentation of my lip that I am born with...but I can work on the light arrangment and clearity. I need your support and feedback....Drop a comment and let me know, if these lip swatches are ok...or pain in ......... to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment