SEPHORA AT TIMES SQUARE NEWYORK

Finally I got to see this…..Please bear with the randomness of the post…I was just too excited… It was cold…very cold in New york. NY is just 2 hours from my place, not very far, but it was my first time to visit SEPHORA at NY. I was most excited to see the Illamasqua brand LIVE….


SEPHORA GOODIES

Well, NY downtown has around four Sephoras in the vicinity…and I visited two of them.
The Sephora’s here were huge, with great selection and display of fragrance. Fortunately, every single sales person was helpful, polite and just perfect….Personally, I don’t care if they are not helpful, because majority of the times I know what I am going to buy and apart from that I just do swatching and research…I just hate when the sales person hover and are rude…


SEPHORA STORE IN NEW YORK

Anyways, I checked the Illamasqua collection and YSL section.
The eyeshadows from Illamasqua didn’t impress me at all. I found them pigmented, but chalky…not all of them were chalky, but at least the ones I swatched were. Also non of the colors were UNIQUE. The bronzer duos were lovely, so were the lipsticks.
The liquid metal was something that looked very beautiful and I did pick one in Enrapture. The blushes are THE BEST products from Illamasqua in my opinion. I picked only one blush in Hussy.
Ok so, the whole point of this hurried post..
1. I was too excited….
2. Benefit Creaseless cream shadows are 2 for $10 for limited time only. Colors in the pack are Bunny Hop and Recess. (just in case anyone wants to try these)

A little off topic. It was a “NY tourism day” for me. I had begun my day at 5 in the morning and was riding on that ‘hop on Hop off” bus the whole day…So by the time I went inside Sephora, I was not in my best appearance. My make-up had gone completely. My hair was a mess (thanks to winds and my stupid ear pugs) and I was wearing boring flat, comfortable shoes. Everybody around me were in their best outfit, stilletoes and classy fresh make-up, perfectly apt for an evening out. I was intimidated, felt “odd” and “out of the place’. Do you guys ever feel like this? Do you think it was a wrong idea to go to Sephora looking all funky? How do you manage long days like this, where it’s a bit difficult to re-apply every make-up?
I kept thinking, whats the use of all make-up I have that I was not even able to wear at NEW YORK, a place where I really wanted to look GOOD…
Enough of ramblings....Pardon the crap framing of lines...I am no writer....my writings sUck!!!

I will review and share swatches of everything in next posts….meanwhile enjoy the magnificent view from the Empire state building that I tried to capture with my humble digital camera…braving the cold, chilly weather....:)




NEWYORK AT NIGHT

No comments:

Post a Comment