TOO FACED - LOCKDOWN Ultimate Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow

By now anyone who visits this cosmetic journal knows my love for cream eye shadows. Earlier I used the MAC Shadesticks and Paint pots, but mostly all as bases underneath my eyeshadows. With Benefit creaseless cream shadows, I just fell in love with the product and started using them on their own. Luckily none of the cream shadows I own crease on me. So I enjoy the ease of application and save time on eye make-up.

I decided I will give a try to some cream eyeshadows from various brands. So I picked the Lockdown shadows from Too faced. Now the Too Faced Shadow Insurance aka TFSI didn’t work on me, because I have oily lids, so I was skeptical about this product, but then decided to give it a try anyways.
I am surprised, it worked on me!!! This is basically a colored primer or TSFI with some colored pigment in it. I guess the pigment part in TSFI reduces its oiliness and help it work better on my oily lids…This is totally my theory and understanding...lol!!


TOO FACED - LOCKDOWN Ultimate Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow

Too Faced LOCKDOWN Ultimate Creaseless Cream Eye Shadow combines deep metallic pigments with Shadow Insurance's anti-crease base to create a staying power that is unmatched. This beautiful, long-wearing formula is easy to apply and your peepers are protected from creasing, fading, and smudging.



TOO FACED - LOCKDOWN shadow in Dramarama

The color I chose is in Dramarama. It’s a lovely choclate brown color with lovely sheen. No chunky glitter or sparkles. Its not gritty either. The sheen is a sheen and not metallic sheen unlike the Laura Mercier metallic crème eyeshadows, which I have yet to review.


The tube

This comes in a skinny tube with pointed hole. The hole is small enough to dispense exact amount needed and not a ton of product is wasted.

On application it takes about 30-35 seconds to dry and set into a smooth finish. The time is enough to spread and blend the color. Its buildable. First layer is sheer, but second layer imparts true color. The key is to apply one layer then wait to let it to dry and then apply the second coat.
Its water resistant, does not crease, budge or fade the whole day. On me it worked as it claimed!!
Its great to use a liner too. Especially dark color like Dramarama.


Swatch of Too Faced LOCKDOWN Cream Eye Shadow in Dramarama

I usually apply any cream based product over UDPP. This is to be applied on its own, as it is primer and color rolled in one. Pretty neat. As TSFI didn’t work me, I applied this over UDPP initially and then all by itself later. It worked almost the same in both cases.


Notice the smudged liner, but cream shadow is intact. This is a pic taken eight
hour after applying the shadow
Pls excuse the eyebrows..its funky!!

I find this to be a nice product, especially if you are looking for something multi-purpose. Its decently priced and a little goes a long way. I wish they had more colors to choose from and at least a few colors in matte finish to be used as everyday bases.

This was one reason I didn't pick that brown Shadestick from MAC. The colors looked similar to me in the store...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment