Urban Decay Pore Perfecting Primer (Review)

Urban decay came out with 2 face primers. One is the Pore Perfecting Complexion Primer potion and the other one is brightening potion.
Firstly lets discuss about the Pore Perfecting primer.
This is the one that comes in deep dark violet purple tube. The squeeze tube has a silver funky cap, with a twist up dispenser that dispenses a thin stream of product from the top. Also it has the option of completely opening the cap and dispensing product like any other tube. (wasn’t this description a bit complicated?? It was…right!!!)


Urban Decay Complexion Pore Perfecting Primer

Anyways, as the name suggests this primer is designed to fill in the pores and fine lines. It does both these tasks perfectly, but I didn’t agree with all the claims it made.

A foundation primer that minimizes the look of pores and
fine lines to deliver a soft-matte, airbrushed complexions—without the heavy,
greasy feel associated with face primers. Smooth on a little Complexion Primer
Potion - Pore Perfecting before foundation to minimize the look of pores and
fine lines. The velvety formula simmers down to a soft-matte finish, without the
greasy, heavy feel sometimes associated with foundation primers. The result is
flawless skin with an airbrushed look and feel. Foundation will go on smoothly,
evenly, and won't fade away. Ideal for oilier skin, but dry complexions who want
pore perfection will love it, too!


The tube

The consistency of the potion is thick and creamy, but not as thick as MAC Prep + Prime line filler. This one is not sticky at all. Its white in color and that is one thing that totally went against my Olive complexion with heavy yellow undertones. On application (I dotted the product on my face then blended it with my finger) the product dried to a smooth powdery finish, filling whatever little pores and lines I had, but in turn made my face white…and by white, I mean literally white! I could notice a visible difference between my face and neck. (Its this time I realized I am so yellow!!!)


The consistency

It did make my face absolutely smooth and that is what I always want before foundation application. A smooth canvas to work.
The feel of this product is not heavy at all, but it did leave my face greasy and slippery. Honestly, I don’t have any problems with silicone feel, but this was a little more greasy than I expected. My foundation also didn’t last long. It started to fade. As the product made my face greasy, I kept using blot paper more than I use normally and probably that was one reason for the fading foundation. (At least I think so)


Sheered out lightly

The product claims to work best on Oily skin, but I could not figure how? My face is pretty much on dry side in winters and if it had the potential to make my dry skin look greasy, I don’t know how would it work with oily skin.

In a nutshell:

Pros:
1. Filled in all pores and lines.
2. Makes a perfect base for foundation application.
3. Non-sticky.

Cons:
1. The color white...Just didn't work with my skintone.
2. Slightly greasy.


Completely Blended (Notice the whitish cast)

But again, skincare stuff, primers, foundations are all subjective. This may work great on people with lighter skin tones and may be combination skin. I am not sure.
I liked the way it filled all my pores and lines…just wished it didn’t turn me greasy and white!!!
Disclaimer: This review is based on my personal experience with the primer. It may or may not work for you. It was a part of Urban Decay box of potion kit that I had purchased on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment