Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion Review

Its almost a month of using the new primers from UD box of primers. I thought I would review each one of them. Now, there are tons of reveiws for these products, but as always opinions differ from person to person. So here are my two cents on them

First product to make an entry would be the UD Lip primer potion.


Urban Decay Primers

What it is:A primer that keeps lip color from fading or feathering with SPF 15.
Prepare your lips for the day ahead. Our invisible primer lays a silky
foundation for your favorite lipstick or gloss. Color is truer, applies
smoother, lasts longer, and will not fade or feather. The easy-glide formula
feels velvety-soft, without the drying feeling often associated with
long-lasting lip color.
The formula includes SPF 15 and moisturizing Vitamins A, C and E for a
primer that protects and perfects. And, our pretty roll-up tube and slanted
bullet make for precise, easy application.



The 'CUTE' Packaging

To begin with I don’t agree with the ‘easy- glide formula’ and ‘does not have the drying effect’ claim by Urban Decay. The formula is stiff, like wax. It does not ‘slides’ on the lips, it ‘drags’ on the lips. Its more like a ‘moisture less’ matte lipstick. Now Don’t jump to conclusions…this is good in certain ways. We will get to that part later.

The color of the product is neither transparent nor white. It is flesh toned and alters the color of my lips a tiny bit. It lightened the color of my lips. Well, it does not erases the lip color like MAC’s lip erase or whatever its called. This also helps in filling the lines of the lips, making an even base for lipstick application. I personally have pigmented lips so it helps me in good ways.


Lip Primer Potion

This does has a drying effect on the lips. If you have dry, flakey lips it would be better to exfoliate first and then go in for this product. I apply lip balm couple of hours before applying this. I tried applying this over a lip balm, but it was useless, as it just ‘slided’ on my lips, practically applying nothing. I think it’s the drying part that helps the product to stay put, thus delivering a flawless lip color application.

I didn’t notice much difference in the longevity of my lipsticks. They were almost the same as before, but the application looked very polished and smooth. I don’t use very dark colors, but whatever wine color I used didn’t feather out or fade.

The lip primer has a SPF of 15, which is good and packaging is convenient (roll-up tube) and precise (slanted tip) for easy application.
The external packaging is cute as always…Urban Decay has their own signature style…

In a nut shell,

Pros:
1. Evens out lip color
2. Prepare an even base
3. SPF for protection
4. Convenient and cute tube


Cons:
1. Drying on lips.
2. Not much difference in staying power of lip color
3. Price tag


Oh, it has no taste, but smells like play dough…which I like…

Do you lovelies use a lip primer? Any ideas/tips/ suggestions you have to share? Please leave in your comments and that will help me to select ‘the perfect’ one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment