CLINIQUE - 7 Day Scrub Cream - Review

My skin gets very dry and flaky in winter months. It is weird because the dryness and flakiness is distributed in patches. So when I try to increase the moisture level by applying more rich moisturizers, the non- dry areas turn oily. This is both ugly and annoying.
Exfoliation in these winter months is also a pain, because it leaves the face dry and stretched. As I ran out of my Origins exfoliator, I was not very regular with exfoliation too. (my mistake!)

Anyways, to cut long story short, I got a chance to use 7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula from Clinique that was a part of GWP. They usually have a generous size sample tube, good for more than a dozen uses. I have never used any scrubs or exfoliant from this brand before. I love their moisturizing lotion, cleansers and eye cream, so it was not a surprise that I very much liked this product too.


CLINIQUE - 7 Day Scrub Cream

7 Day Scrub Cream Rinse-Off Formula Nudges away roughness,
flakiness to refine skin. Helps lessen the appearance of fine lines. Clears the
way for moisture. Suitable for all skin types.

Now this product is designed for all skin types. It is white in color with a creamy texture. The consistency is not runny or thin. The micro beads, which are actually responsible for the scrubbing part is very fine like sand, but its not overly gritty or abrasive. It does a great job of exfoliating the skin gently without leaving is dry or deprived of moisture. It didn't make the face greay at all.
I used some on my wet face and massaged it with my finger tips in slow, circular motion. (Try not to rub on dry or ‘less wet’ skin). I found that all the flaky skin was sloughed off and the skin was super smooth and clean. My blackheads were considerably reduced and skin appeared polished. The scrub is not harsh because when I used it more than 3 times a week, it didn’t irritate the skin at all. The smell is ok, not annoying at all and unlike Origins Modern Friction, it didn’t hurt my eye.
In a nutshell:
Pros:
Gentle, creamy, not gritty.
Does not irritates the skin
Clears of dry, rough patches/flakiness
Cleans pores and clears blackheads
Non-Drying
No annoying fragrance.
Easily available
Comes in a tube and not in tub (for all you germ freaks!)
Cons:
I don't see any as of now...

I am happy that I got a chance to try this product and once again Clinique’s skin care line didn’t let me down!!

No comments:

Post a Comment