Illamasqua - Powder Blusher in Lover (Review, swatch)


Illamasqua - Powder Blusher in Lover

Illuminate and enliven your complexion with the color and drama of Illamasqua
Powder Blusher. Color intense and highly pigmented, it can be used to shade,
brighten, enhance, and define the shape of your face. Be bold, be daring, and be
the center of attention



llamasqua - Powder Blusher in Lover (Apricot)

I literally waited ages to buy Illamasqua product. Usually I never buy make-up without seeing them in person. Illamasqua though made positive reviews in the cosmetic world, I was not sure what to order and what not to pick.
After reading several reveiws, I realised blushes were liked a lot by make-up lovers, so I ordered a powder blush from the brand as my first ever Illamasqua product to try.
I must say, I am impressed with the product, but not with the packaging.



Swatch of Illamasqua - Powder Blusher in Lover

To begin with the packaging, it’s a decent size, fancy plastic case with clear top, which is neat. The shape is bit different, but that’s ok. Now, I like make-up packaging to be a bit heavy, like NARS…NARS though gets dirty on the outside, still its strong, compact and the rubber casing provides some sort of cushion to the blush and prevents it from breaking to some extent. Also, NARS blush comes with a mirror, Illamasqua doesn’t. The reason I keep comparing this to NARS is simply because I pay amount close to NARS for this product.


Swatch of Illamasqua - Powder Blusher in Lover

Anyways, on to the product itself.
The color I chose is a very safe one. APRICOT color! Peach/Apricot blushes work well on my NC 40 skin tone. Without seeing the blush in person I thought the shade in Lover (vibrant apricot) is a safe bet.
It’s a matte blush. Soft, smooth, silky easily blendable and has rich pigmentation. It lasts for a long time and is buildable. I must say it is comparable to NARS blushes. As of now, I don’t remember what colour I have similar to this one, but luckily I don’t have any NARS blush that is true peach like Illamasqua’s lover, so it’s a bonus to have this one.

I would love to try other shades too, but would prefer seeing them in person before investing. I did order a cream blush today. Last time when I placed the order they were out of stock. With the quality of Illamasqua’s powder blush, I am positive the cream blush would be great too.

No comments:

Post a Comment