Nails for Fall....O.P.I España and Sephora By O.P.I

No matter you feet are covered in socks and boots, your hands in gloves and mittens...but that doesn't gives you excuse for not pampering your nails by coloring them in lovely dark, rich, warm shades of Nail laquer...
Personally, i find summers more apt for showing of those lovely painted toe nails...but I like Fall and Winters in general when it comes to make-up and outfits. No sweat...No grime...all make-up stays in place....and those coats, a great way to hide fatty tummy and ugly bulges...:)

So I picked 3 Nail colors...2 from O.P.I and one from O.P.I for Sephora (for comparison).


Here Today Aragon Tomorrow by O.P.I

Firstly, the most "IN" color of this season.."GREEN". Every brand has their own shade of greens and O.P.I to released one shade by name Here Today...Aragon Tomorrow (yes, this is another bizzare name by OPI).



Its this forest Green shade, almost looking black with greenish hue when applied 3 coats. Its not the best formula...very thin n watery kinds. First 2 coats/layers did nothing to bring the color in bottle. By the third coat, it had turned blackish green. The color itself is pretty. I wished it had a better formula.


You Don't Know Jacques!, Metro Chic (O.P.I and Sephora By O.P.I)

You Don't Know Jacques! (one more weired name), is a greyish, brown shade. More like ashy grey mixed with brown. Correct me if I am describing it wrong. I just don't know how to describe this complex colors. It does have a better formula than the Green one. Looks pretty!!!


Nail Laquers by O.P.I

Metro Chic from Sephora by OPI is this very "HIT" shade and it sure is pretty and unique. I had picked this one a month ago and i thought its similar to You Don't know Jacques! but it is NOT...thats such a nice relief to know they are not duplicates. Metro Chic has this Purple included in its complex blend.
The texture, formula of Metro Chic is the best amongst all three that i mentioned here.


Swatches of O.P.I Nail Lacquers in You Don't know Jacques!, Metro Chic
Here Today Aragon Tomorrow.

I did try these swatches Karla Sugar style....(the lady wth endless arms...lol!!)
The swatches didn't turn out well, but i will try to do again on nails, if i get a lovely set of hands and nails to swatch these beauties...


Swatches in different lighting without Flash
Please share your Favorite Fall nail laquers in comments below....:)

No comments:

Post a Comment