THE BALM -- HOT MAMA BLUSH Review n Swatch



THE BALM

The packaging of The Balm, Benefit and Urban decay always attracts me. Especially the vintage looks of Benefit packaging.
This Hot Mama blush was on my list since quite sometime and I did pick it a few weeks back.
It looks pretty similar to Orgasm blush. I don’t have Orgasm, but who hasn’t seen Orgasm…lol!!
I have Deep throat.
What it is:
A true all-in-one essential: sexy shadow, striking blush, subtle
highlighter, and light-reflecting lip finisher tucked inside a go-anywhere
compact.

What it is formulated to do:
The pinky-peach hue adds a splash of color to cheeks, a hint of shimmer to
the lids, and illuminates your finest features.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
Parabens
Sulfates
Synthetic Fragrances
Synthetic Dyes
Phthalates

HOT MAMA BLUSH

Ok, back to Hot Mama….
This is a peachy, coral blush with gold flecks…(So, what’s new?). I personally love this color family of blushes a lot and I find them flattering on my skin tone, hence the reason I have cheek products that are similar


LOVELY GOLD FLECKS

It has gold shimmers and is decently soft and pigmented. Its not chalky at all. Its not even loose, powdery. Its perfect. Nars Deep throat was much matte in comparison to this and it is more on pink side.
Pigmentation of a product is pretty subjective. I mean people who love deeply pigmented blush would not consider this as pigmented. Anyone over NC 42/43 in MAC foundation range would need to pack this on.
The color is buildable, but the only downside is the more you try to pack on the color, the more gold shimmers are deposited.


SWATCHES OF HOT MAMA BLUSH AND DEEP THROAT BLUSH

I use it has a highlighter over my peachy/coral blushes. Infact the gold shimmers looked more pretty as highlighter over another blush than using it as blush all on its own.
I even used it as highlighter over NARS Portofino and the combination just ROCKED!!!
No, seriously…I don’t say I looked Gorgeous….but the cheeks did look Gorgeous!!!!

SWATCHES IN DIFFERENT LIGHTING

In a nut shell,

Pros:
1. Cost effective for $19 a piece.
2. Decently Pigmented
3. No Smell/Fragrance
Cons:
1. Cardboard packaging. (light weight, but gets dirty easily)
2. Shimmers can bother people who prefer light shimmer or matte product.
Would love to know what blushes you suggest in the same color family...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment