KORRES - Evening Primerose Eye Cream



Evening Primrose Eye Cream helps instantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and dark circles. The unique formula diffuses the light with a brightening, concealer-like effect. SPF 6.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petro-Chemicals
- Phthalates
- GMO
- Triclosan

Properties:

Evening Primrose triple action eye cream that reduces fine lines and dark circles while shielding from the sun’s damaging rays

• Evening Primrose oil rich in linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid, provides hydration and nourishes the delicate skin around the eyes.
• Ruscus extracts work synergistically to increase blood microcirculation, quickly and visibly diminishing dark circles while also moisturizing the skin.
• Zinc oxide, a natural sunscreen, prevents premature aging by providing sun protection

I got a really good and decent size sample of Evening Primerose eye cream, when I placed product order for my mom at the Korres website (Korres is very generous with their freebies!!) I was already using another eye cream, so I didn't get a chance to try this right away. Now, that I have been using it from past 4 weeks, I am definately in a position to talk about it and share in my experience.

Duration: 4 weeks plus

Usage: Twice a day AM and PM

Texture: Thick, Heavy and Dense Cream. Not a very light weight cream.

Color: Yellowish white.

Fragrance: Nothing specific

Application Technique:

I use my ring finger to gently tap in the cream under the eye and then massage slightly with the balls of my fingers in tiny circular motion, till the cream disappears.
I use ring finger, because it provides adequate amount of pressure and there is no tugging or pulling.

Feel:

The cream does moisturizes the area well. It is hydrating and soothing, but being thick in consistency, it takes a long time to sink in the skin. In fact it is not fully absorbed. The eye area does feels a bit heavy. It does not stings or itches when it gets into the eye.

It leaves a waxy film like thing under the eye. I think this is what they mean by "concealer like effect" in their claims. This is kind of annoying, because I cannot wear it under any make up. It looks weird! Also, it left the eye area bit heavy.

Result:

This did moisturize, but I did not notice any difference under my eye for dark circles. Also, as the claims said, it did not Brighten at all. The waxy thing that it left behind was the concealer effect and it was annoying. My mom did notice some difference for her wrinkles n fine lines, but nothing for the puffiness. This does has SPF, so it can be a protective cream for day time.

Packaging:

The cream comes in a tube. Mine is a sample tube, so it looks a bit different from the original big tube. The quantity of full size is very affordable. You get a lot of product for the money paid.

Verdict:

I didn't like the product at all. It did not work for me. It did not perform as it claimed. I do like Korres Products, but this one was a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment