Easily the best comic book I’ve read in 10 years: “Daytripper” by Moon and Ba

Just finished reading Daytripper by Fabio Moon &Gabriel Ba. Easily the best comic I've read in ten years. Breathtaking.
Remember what it felt like reading the first ten issues of David Lapham's Stray Bullets? Remember the first time you read Dan Clowes' "Caricature" short story or Paul Pope's "Escapo?"

Remember what it was like before our favorite "alt-comics" artists slipped into a cocooned self-caricature and before everybody else stopped creating and just copied those guys? Fabio Moon and Gabriel Ba’s “Daytripper”reminds me of that great feeling. Of actually feeling something when you read a great comic. I drank it up, savored it, soaked in it and I don't want it to ever rub off. But I know it will. And that’s part of what this book’s about.
Fabio Moon Gabriel Ba Daytripper

---------

No comments:

Post a Comment