Philosophy Purity Made Simple (Review)



A highly effective one-step facial cleanser.
Philosophy Purity Made Simple
is a ph-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep
cleaning pores. The best-selling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile,
and carrot.

Purity Made Simple is part of a collection of Philosophy
products designed to soothe even the most dry and sensitive skin.


Currently I am using this Cleaner as a part of my daily skincare routine.
I have been meaning to try this since a very long time, but it really takes a long time to finish an old bottle of cleanser, to start with a new one.

Philosophy cleanser has been getting rave reviews and many girls in the beauty community seem to love the product. At times, things like these fall into the OVER HYPED product category!

Anyways, personally I find it to be a good cleanser, but definitely not an Amazing one.

Lets dissect the product!

Fragrance: I personally didn’t like the fragrance. Its not something super annoying or irritating, its just not me. There is something in it that bugs me. I didn’t like it. In any case, it just vanishes after sometime, so not something to be bothered about.

Consistency: It is a very soft and has a creamy lotion like consistency. It reminds me of Cetaphil cleanser.

Color: Light Creamish color.

Application: I apply a dime size or maybe a little more on damp face and it spreads easily without foaming. Feels like I am rubbing lotion all over my face. After a minute of mild scrubbing, I wash it off with tepid water.

Feel on the skin: The skin feels soft. This is probably the best part of the cleanser. It does not dries the skin at all. Also, I have dry skin, so usually a mild cleanser like Clinique (Mild) gives me that stretched feeling in winter (not in summer). This totally keeps the skin soft and gives that Hydrated feeling. Also I did not experience any tingling or itching sensation after using this. Unlike some creamy cleansers, it does not leaves the skin feeling unclean and soapy.

This one did not break me out and also I am having less dry, flakey patches this winter. I am also using serums, so I would not give the whole credit to this cleanser alone.
Oh, did I mention, this did not hurt/burn my eyes at all, which at times is a problem with some skincare products.

As far as removing the make-up goes, it does not helps completely. I usually prefer cleaning my make-up with make up removers and then use a cleanser. For the sake of review, I did try removing my make up directly with this cleanser and it didn’t do the job completely. There was a good lot of make up residue left, especially the eye make up.

I would not blame the cleanser though. We apply so much things on the eye, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Long wearing eyeliners, Mascara etc. The poor cleanser is really helpless!
It helps to get rid of basic make-up though (tinted Moisturizer, lip gloss etc).

At $18 it’s a good cleanser, but not something that you won’t be able to achieve from a good quality Drugstore cleanser from brands like Neutrogena or Cetaphil to name a few. It is a decent product, but not exceptionally different or Amazing, as I had heard You Tube Gurus rave.

What is your experience with this Cleanser? Any AMAZING cleanser you would like suggest?

No comments:

Post a Comment